In this guide we are looking at how to install and use Anydesk on Manjaro Linux. What is anydesk and what is it used for? Anydesk is a remote desktop application, fast and reliable and allows one to access another computer remotely and work on it.
Remote desktop is a very important feature for IT professionals. They are able to access another computer located anywhere in the world over the internet and work on it as if they are sitting infront of that computer. There are different applications that have facilitated this remote connection, easing the work of IT professionals. These include but not limited to Remote Desktop Connection from Microsoft, Anydesk, TeamViewer, RemotePC and Chrome Remote Desktop. Some of these applications are free while others need to be purchased. Anydesk is both a free and paid fast and reliable remote desktop application. The free version allows for a single connection while the paid versions can have more that one concurrent connections with more than one devices.
For Anydesk ccommercial, the following are the included features:
- Unlimited Endpoints – The paid versions can have more that one concurrent connections with more than one devices.
- Unattended access – You can start a remote session from home by allowing unattended access. Just be sure to check the box “login automatically from now on” to connect even more quickly.
- Remote Printing – If you need to print a document, simply choose the AnyDesk printer and the print job will be sent to your local PC. You just have to select your local printer.
- File Transfer – AnyDesk clipboard allows you to exchange text, screenshots, and more between your remote and your local devices. Or use File Manager for easy management of your files locally.
- Mobile to PC Remote Control – Ability to remote access a PC using a mobile phone.
- On-Screen-Whiteboard – This is a tool for the outgoing side during session, to draw elements on the screen visible for both sides.
- Auto-Discovery – Automatically find all AnyDesk clients in your local network using Discovery
Install Anydesk on Manjaro Linux
To install Anydesk on Manjaro, run the following command on your terminal.
$ pamac build anydesk-bin
Anydesk installation and you will be prompted whether you want to edit build files. Enter Y to edit and N to proceed without editing then press Enter.
The next prompt will ask you if you want to apply the transaction. Type y and press Enter to apply.
For a successful installation, you should see some output as below:
Using Anydesk on Manjaro Linux
When installation is complete, search for Anydesk from Manjaro Linux applications and you should be able to see it.
Click on it to start connecting to a remote host.
Enjoy using Anydesk on Manjaro Linux. Below are more captivating Linux guides.